Followers

Monday, May 7, 2012

The Beginning

Growing up I played all kinds of sports, many of which required running. Like most people that play sports, I hated running because I always viewed it as a punishment. This hatred of running lasted throughout adulthood even as I struggled with my weight. I had gotten up to 260 lbs., so I began doing some cardio on the elliptical and bike as well as playing tennis at every opportunity.  I got down to 210 lbs over the course of a couple of years.  While playing tennis, a friend of mine asked me if I wanted to do a boot camp with her. I said sure, not quite knowing what I was getting myself into.  Well, each week we had homework and it started out with 30 minutes of running/walking 3 times a week.  This was a challenge but I hopped on the treadmill and gave it a go. This was August of 2010! Little did I know that less than 8 months from then I would run my first half marathon. A running junkie was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment